This Infographic shows numbers and facts why mobile marketing via text messaging continues to grow:
- 3.05 billion out of 4 billion phones in the world are SMS reachable, which is 76%. Other 27% or 1.08 billion phones in the world are smartphones, which can also do text messaging.
- 8 out of 10 mobile users use text messaging.
- In year 2007 240.8 billion text messages were sent globally. In 2012, this number was 2.270 trillion.
- Here is the open rate at which people open messages:
– 98% of mobile text messages are being opened
– 29% of Twitter messages are being opened
– 16% of Facebook messages
– And only 12% of email messages
According to Trumpia, the company which published this Infographic originally on Visual.ly, marketing through text messages provides great reach and ROI and in this terms leading to purchases 41% of the time, which beats social media and telemarketing.